The Principles of The Buteyko Breathing Programme
Breathing through the nose is essential for good health.
The volume of air we breathe has a direct relationship with our health.
Carbon dioxide is not just a waste gas.
Reducing your breathing allows increased oxygenation of bodily tissues.
Professor Buteyko believed that genetic predisposition determines which illness people develop from over-breathing. The response of each individual to hyperventilation depends on inherited factors.
Easybreathing Buteyko Practitioner
Martha Downey de Buitleir. RGN, RNiD, DIPBBM, is a registered nurse with many years working in Ireland, UK and Australia in the area of oncology and palliative care.
She did the English Nursing Board courses in oncology and care of patients with AIDS at the Royal Marsden Hospital in London. On return to Ireland she worked in Hospice Home Care in Our Lady’s Hospice Cross, progressing to Education and Nurse management.
She has a Diploma in Research methods from the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland.
She is a past President of Junior Chamber Dublin and is currently a board member of Fold Ireland, a social housing organisation…
All Buteyko courses will be with Martha, we offer a range of Group Courses or 1 on 1 courses for both Adults and Children.
What is involved?
The Group course for Adults is run one session a week over a 4 week period.
Duration: 2 Hours
Plus: 1 Refresher within 6 weeks.
Group Size: Limited to 12
During the course you will receive:
- An individualised breathing assessment.
- Tailored exercises to your needs. (People come to the programme with many different complaints)
- You will be taught how to achieve good breathing habits, by day and by night.
- You will learn the science behind the practice.
- You will learn different ways of doing reduced breathing and how to integrate it into your life.
- You will learn how to stop a wheezing/coughing attack
- How to get the best out of physical exercise
- Diet and lifestyle guidelines
- And you will learn breathing techniques to overcome anxiety and panic attacks in any situation.
The Course for children is one session a week for four weeks
Duration: 1 Hour
Group Size: 1 on 1 or small groups only. Maximum of 5.
Parents must accompany their children.
During the course children will learn:
- The importance of mouth breathing for health and Cranio-facial development.
- How to improve their concentration and energy.
- Reverse Asthma,
- Reduce the symptoms of hay fever and blocked nose
- Improve sports ability
Evening course for Adults
- Starting: Tuesday 23rd January 7 to 9pm
- and continuing Saturday 27th 3 to 5pm
- Tuesday 30th 7 to 8.30pm
- Saturday 3rd February 3- 5pm
- Venue: The Headoffice,Main street Blackrock
- 1 on 1 sessions are also available upon request
One Day CourseBreathing For Good Health
- Saturday February 24th
- he Art of finding stillness and calm, relaxation and daily awareness workshop
- Venue: Headoffice, Main street, Blackrock
- Time: 10-4pm
Children's coursereductions for families
- Saturday evenings
- Saturday 27th January 12 to 1.30pm
- Saturday 3rd February 12 to 1.30pm
- Saturday 10th February 12 to 1.30pm