The Principles of The Buteyko Breathing Programme
Breathing through the nose is essential for good health.
The volume of air we breathe has a direct relationship with our health.
Carbon dioxide is not just a waste gas.
Reducing your breathing allows increased oxygenation of bodily tissues.
Professor Buteyko believed that genetic predisposition determines which illness people develop from over-breathing. The response of each individual to hyperventilation depends on inherited factors.
Easybreathing Buteyko Practitioner
In 2010 I read an article in a magazine about The Benefits of the Buteyko breathing programme and it resonated with me. I had a tendency to mouth breathe all my life. I was waking two or three times a night and my mouth would be so dry. I had a young family and the tiredness was so frustrating. I thought Buteyko might help so I followed up on the article and contacted Patrick Mc Keown. I did his course in Dublin. The exercises absolutely changed the way I breathe and this has had such a positive impact on my life. I now sleep soundly and have much more energy. Small changes. Big difference. I am convinced that if I had not read that article I would be well on the road to having sleep apnea now.
My son had exercise induced Asthma and I realised that I had a tool to help him. Thankfully he was open to it and now partakes in exercise which he had been avoiding.
Over the next few years I read more and more articles and studies and realised how much evidence there is to support this method. particularly in relation to Asthma . It should be more available to people. It takes time and support to fully benefit from it. Even if my GP told me to “go home and breathe through your nose” I wouldn’t have been able to do it. Doing the course I identified the root cause of my problem and was able to address it.
I have been practicing as a practitioner since 2016 and I am constantly amazed how this group of exercises can help people.
People have come to me with Asthma of all severities, Snoring, fybromyalgia, Fatigue, Chronic chest conditions. Mouth breathing, Hill walking ( altitude tolerance) and more.
All Buteyko courses will be with Martha for both Adults and Children.
What is involved?
The Group course for Adults is run one session a week over a 4 week period.
Duration: 2 Hours
Plus: 1 Refresher within 6 weeks.
Group Size: Limited to 12
During the course you will receive:
- An individualised breathing assessment.
- Tailored exercises to your needs. (People come to the programme with many different complaints)
- You will be taught how to achieve good breathing habits, by day and by night.
- You will learn the science behind the practice.
- You will learn different ways of doing reduced breathing and how to integrate it into your life.
- You will learn how to stop a wheezing/coughing attack
- How to get the best out of physical exercise
- Diet and lifestyle guidelines
- And you will learn breathing techniques to overcome anxiety and panic attacks in any situation.
The Course for children is one session a week for four weeks
Duration: 1 Hour
Group Size: 1 on 1 or small groups only. Maximum of 5.
Parents must accompany their children.
During the course children will learn:
- The importance of mouth breathing for health and Cranio-facial development.
- How to improve their concentration and energy.
- Reverse Asthma,
- Reduce the symptoms of hay fever and blocked nose
- Improve sports ability
One Day CourseBreathing For Good Health
Saturday February 24th
- The Art of finding stillness and calm, relaxation and daily awareness workshop
- Venue: Headoffice, Main street, Blackrock
- Time: 10-4pm
- Booking essential. Please contact Martha at 0876785091 or email firstname.lastname@example.org