The Principles of The Buteyko Breathing Programme
- Breathing through the nose is essential for good health.
- The volume of air we breathe has a direct relationship with our health.
- Carbon dioxide is not just a waste gas.
- Reducing your breathing allows increased oxygenation of bodily tissues.
- Professor Buteyko believed that genetic predisposition determines which illness people develop from over-breathing. The response of each individual to hyperventilation depends on inherited factors.
Founder: Martha Downey de Buitleir. Accredited Buteyko Practitioner.
In 2010 I read an article in a magazine about The Benefits of the Buteyko breathing programme and it resonated with me. I had a tendency to mouth breathe all my life. I was waking two or three times a night and my mouth would be so dry.I had a young family and the tiredness was so frustrating. I thought Buteyko might help so I followed up on the article and contacted Patrick Mc Keown. I did his course in Dublin. The exercises absolutely changed the way I breathe and this has had such a positive impact on my life. I now sleep soundly and have much more energy. Small changes. Big difference. I am convinced that if I had not read that article I would be well on the road to having sleep apnea now.
- Courses available via Zoom -
Due to Coronavirus
Duration: The first session is an hour and a half. The following sessions are an hour.
During the course you will receive:
- An individualised breathing assessment.
- Exercises tailored to your needs.(People come to the programme with many different complaints)
- You will be taught how to achieve good breathing habits, by day and by night.
Duration: All the sessions are one hour
During the course children will learn:
- The importance of breathing for health and Cranio-facial development.
- How to improve their concentration and energy.
- Improve management of Asthma,
- Improve sports ability
Special thanks to Patrick for his help and guidance. The information in this website is available in books written by Patrick. Visit Website