Whether you suffer from hay fever, Rhinitis, Sinusitis, Asthma, nocturnal Asthma, exercise induced Asthma, other breathing problems, the Buteyko breathing method can improve your quality if life.
The Principles of The Buteyko Breathing Programme
- Breathing through the nose is essential for good health.
- The volume of air we breathe has a direct relationship with our health.
- Carbon dioxide is not just a waste gas.
- Reducing your breathing allows increased oxygenation of bodily tissues.
- Professor Buteyko believed that genetic predisposition determines which illness people develop from over-breathing. The response of each individual to hyperventilation depends on inherited factors.
Easybreathing Buteyko Practitioner
In 2010 I read an article in a magazine about The Benefits of the Buteyko breathing programme and it resonated with me. I had a tendency to mouth breathe all my life. I was waking two or three times a night and my mouth would be so dry.I had a young family and the tiredness was so frustrating. I thought Buteyko might help so I followed up on the article and contacted Patrick Mc Keown. I did his course in Dublin. The exercises absolutely changed the way I breathe and this has had such a positive impact on my life. I now sleep soundly and have much more energy. Small changes. Big difference. I am convinced that if I had not read that article I would be well on the road to having sleep apnea now.
What is involved: The course is taught on a one to one basis. One session a week over a 4 week period.
Duration: The first session is an hour and a half. The following sessions are an hour.
During the course you will receive:
- An individualised breathing assessment.
- Exercises tailored to your needs.(People come to the programme with many different complaints)
- You will be taught how to achieve good breathing habits, by day and by night.
What is involved: The child must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. One session a week over a 3 week period, with an assessment on the third week.
Duration: All the sessions are one hour
During the course children will learn:
- The importance of breathing for health and Cranio-facial development.
- How to improve their concentration and energy.
- Improve management of Asthma,
- Improve sports ability
Special thanks to Patrick for his help and guidance. The information in this website is available in books written by Patrick. Visit Website